As a Manufacturing Associate, you will become involved in the all operations of the Kenosha Facility. You will become active in learning all aspects from wheat unloading & storage, the milling process and finished product distribution. You will also help in the implementation of new work procedures as well as help in maintaining current work practices.
To succeed, you must be able to:
- Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency
- Deal with and drive change
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Learn and apply new technology and share your knowledge with others
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Specialized cleaning tasks such as bin cleanings, rebolt sifter, filter sock changes
- Develop basic knowledge of wheat flow, cleaning, tempering equipment and milling equipment
- Maintain high sanitation level of area assigned and allocated to individual's responsibility
- Will be required to maintain documentation of a variety of activities and inventories either through paper or electronic format
- Ability to assist the milling team during problem periods, such as chokes, broken belts and minor repairs, etc
- Understand written customer specifications and blend wheat to meet customer specifications.
- Safe and efficient operation of wheat elevator systems.
- Responsible for understanding and following all personnel and equipment safety policies; Sanitation policies; following all Business Unit policies and procedures.
- Must keep a variety of processes going at the same time and be able to multitask.
- Must learn and execute basic equipment maintenance to improve production reliability.
- Will be responsible for the quality of production output and reworking product that does not meet a high level of quality expectations.
- Communicate effectively with team members and supervisor before, during and after the work shift. Be prepared to report out on the results of the previous shift.
- Assist wherever necessary plant wide to maintain all assets: people, plant, equipment, and raw materials
- Provide innovative solutions to problems
- Get cross-trained in various job duties throughout the plant.
- Other related job tasks / functions as assigned by management.
Essential skills and experience:
- Must have an Associate’s Degree OR High School Diploma/GED with 3+ years of manufacturing or mechanical experience
- 2+ years of maintenance or food production experience
- Proficient in computer tools including email and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance process, activities, and maintenance management system
- Understanding of operating context of site assets / process systems
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Proficient in English both written and verbally.
Good to have:
- 4+ years of experience in maintenance or food production experience
- Experience as a team lead
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Able to work in an environment that may contain dust.
- Able to work in hot and cold conditions on occasion.
- Must be willing to perform elevated work.
- Must pass a physical abilities test with or without reasonable accommodation with the ability to:
- Wear the required PPE.
- Must be willing to accept accountability and work well in a team.
- Must be willing to take the IAOM Milling course, and pass each segment
- Must be willing and able to work 1st (0700 – 1500) – 2nd (1500 – 2300) or 3rd shift (2300 – 0700), weekends, Holidays, 7-day weeks, and opposing shifts when needed.
- Must be willing to get cross-trained in at least two other position for development within the facility and to provide any relief duties as needed.
6509 77TH Avenue, Kenosha WI, 53142
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Meet Leif Johnson, maintenance team member in Mt. Pocono. Leif’s patience, willingness to put others first, and his inexhaustible work ethic have inspired us for years. Leif has a heart of gold, or a heart of grain, as we like to say.
Read more >
Our hiring process
While the experience of applying for a job at Ardent Mills may vary from mill to mill and from role to role, it almost always involves following the same basic process outlined below:
Our talent acquisition team will review your resume to check you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for. Everyone who applies for a job at Ardent Mills receives a response from us, so we will email you to let you know the outcome whether you have been successful or not.
A member of our talent acquisition team may speak to you on the phone to find out more about you and determine whether you are potentially a good fit for the role.
If the hiring team thinks you could be the person they are looking for, you are likely to be invited to an interview.
As the successful applicant, you will be made a verbal offer followed by a written one. Once you have accepted our offer, you will need to go through a background check and potential other pre-employment contingencies, which can take up to 10 business days.